Friday August 6th
Musical Society Goes Folk Vol. 3
Strand Theatre | 8pm | €10
After the first show was sold out, this is a second chance to see the Carrick-on-Suir Musical Society take to the Strand Theatre stage for ‘Musical Society Goes Folk Vol. 3’.
Welcoming live music back to the Strand Theatre for the first time since February 2020, this is sure to be a memorable night as members of the award winning Musical Society take to the stage to perform many much-loved folk songs.
Seating is strictly limited due to COVID guidelines.
Tickets will be available for €10 from http://www.ticketsource.eu/strandtheatre
The following guidelines must be adhered to while you are in attendance at any event within the Strand Theatre, including the Dick Meany Auditorium:
- You must adhere to 2m social distancing at all times while on the premises.
- Mask must be worn at all times; including during the performance.
- Please follow all signage within the theatre for traffic flow; entrances and exits.
- When entering the Auditorium you will be shown to your allocated seat by a Theatre Usher. Audience members must remain in their allocated seat that is indicated on their ticket for the duration of the performance.
- At the conclusion of the performance; exiting the theatre will be coordinated by the ushers, on a row by row basis; starting at the back of the Auditorium. Please remain in your seats until you are called to exit the building.
- Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions, the Theatre Shop/ Christy’s Bar will not be open at this event.
Thank you for supporting local Arts and enjoy the show!
Saturday August 7th
Tai Chi with David Corbett
Seán Healy Library Gardens | 10am & 11.15am | FREE
Three weeks of Tai Chi exercise classes for ADULTS in the Carrick-on-Suir Library Garden from Saturday August 7th to Saturday August 21st.
Tai Chi/Chi Kung exercises for relaxation, proper posture, exercises for balance, optimising blood circulation & nervous system and stimulating the body as well as calming the mind.
The instruction is carried out by a David Corbett, a certified Tai Chi Qigong instructor affiliated with the Irish Tai Chi and Health Qigong Association with over twenty years of training in Tai Chi and Chinese exercise for health.
The exercise sessions will run for 3 weeks with each class consisting of: warm-up and loosening exercises, gentle tai chi exercises and concluding with a guided relaxation and facial acupressure.
There are no materials required for this programme. Loose comfortable clothing is recommended.
You don’t have to attend all 3 Saturdays, just sign-up for whatever session you are free to do and have some fun!
Classes are Free of Charge but booking is essential as they are limited to 15. To book please contact Carrick-on-Suir Library at 051 640591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or just call in to the Library to book. Please specify which class time you prefer – 10am or 11.15am.
This is a fantastic opportunity to try out Tai Chi, relax and have fun. This event is brought to you by Tipperary Co. Council Library Services and is funded by Healthy Ireland, a Government initiative.
Sunday August 8th
Venue | Time | TICKET PRICE
Blah Blah Ipsum lorem blah blah