Main Street, Carrick on Suir
Saturday June 4th | From 2pm
The U18s Youth Busking Competition is back on the Main Street! The streets of Carrick-on-Suir will ring out once again as the Youth Busking Competition takes over the Main Street!
Entry is €10 – Cash Prizes!
- Entrants can be solo, duo or group acts so long as social distancing and current government health guidelines are followed.
- The judges will be looking for creativity and inventiveness, singing quality and musicianship, originality and presence.
- The competition is open to buskers under the age of 18 on Saturday June 2nd, 2022.
- Each act will perform for 25 minutes
- Entry fee €10 per act
- Please make sure you have read and understand the rules,.
- To Enter, download the entry form here and return it to Butlers’s Electrical, Main Street, Carrick-on-Suir by 4pm Tuesday May 31st.
Clancy Brothers Festival 2022 Youth Busking Competition Rules
- Entrance fee €10 per act.
- Buskers should ensure that they are able to compete in the event on Saturday 4th June, 2022.
- Entrants must be under 18 years of age on the day of the competition, Sat 4th June, 2022.
- Buskers must adhere to current COVID regulations.
- There is a limit of one entry per band and no one person/band member can perform in more than one act in the final event.
- All Buskers participating in the final event will receive an equal amount of playing time.
- Playing times will be drawn by lots from the following times: 2.00pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm and 4pm.
- Buskers will be contacted and allocated a time and location.
- The winners will be announced on day of the Competition
- The performance must be live and contain no pre-recorded music.
- A panel of judges will score the performances using a point system. Criteria to be considered will include but will not be limited to: presence, singing quality, originality, and crowd response.
- All Buskers must sign the application form acknowledging that they have read and understood the rules and regulations as outlined in this document.
- All Buskers under the age of 18 at the time of signing the application form are required to have a parent or guardian sign the document on their behalf as well.
- Children busking must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Any act that the judges deem to be dangerous, offensive or otherwise inappropriate will be asked to stop and will be withdrawn from the competition.
- Failure to comply with any contest rules may result in Buskers being disqualified.
- All Buskers agree to have their name, voice, and/or likenesses used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the competition including the Clancy Festival website and social media without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
- Completed application forms must be received by 4pm Tuesday May 31st, 2022.
- Buskers will be notified if they are accepted to compete in the final on or by Thursday June 2nd, 2022.
- The Clancy Festival Committee reserves the right to make changes to the rules and regulations.
- The Clancy Festival Committee will have final decision-making power in any disputes that should arise concerning the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final. No discussion will be entered into.
The Clancy Brothers Festival Youth Busking Competition is supported by COSBA, Tipp CoCo and the Clancy Brothers Festival.