Castle Park, Carrick on Suir
Saturday August 28th | From 2pm
The Live Youth Busking Competition is Back!
Due to the Pandemic and the need for Social Distancing, the 2021 competition will take place in the beautiful Castle Park from 2pm on Saturday August 28th.
Entry is limited to 10 acts, so get in quick to enter!
Entry is €5 per act, and is free to watch
- Entrants can be solo, duo or group acts so long as social distancing and current government health guidelines are followed.
- The judges will be looking for creativity and inventiveness, singing quality and musicianship, originality and presence.
- The competition is open to buskers under the age of 18 on Saturday August 28, 2021.
- Each act will perform for 25 minutes
- Entry is limited to 10 acts – so get in and enter quick!
- Entry fee €5 per act
- Please make sure you have read and understand the rules, especially the COVID advice!
- To Enter, download the entry form here and return it to The Tudor Artisan Hub, 42 Main Street, Carrick-on-Suir by 5pm Thursday August 26th
Clancy Brothers Festival 2021 Youth Busking Competition Rules
- Entrance fee €5 per act.
- Buskers should ensure that they are able to compete in the event on Saturday 28th August, 2021.
- Entrants must be under 18 years of age on the day of the competition, Sat Aug 28th.
- There is a limit of one entry per band and no one person/band member can perform in more than one act in the final event.
- All Buskers participating in the final event will receive an equal amount of playing time.
- Playing times will be drawn by lots from the following times: 2.00pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm and 4pm.
- Buskers will be contacted and allocated a time and location.
- The winners will be announced on day of the Competition
- The performance must be live and contain no pre-recorded music.
- A panel of judges will score the performances using a point system. Criteria to be considered will include but will not be limited to: presence, singing quality, originality, and crowd response.
- All Buskers must sign the application form acknowledging that they have read and understood the rules and regulations as outlined in this document.
- All Buskers under the age of 18 at the time of signing the application form are required to have a parent or guardian sign the document on their behalf as well.
- Children busking must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Any act that the judges deem to be dangerous, offensive or otherwise inappropriate will be asked to stop and will be withdrawn from the competition.
- Failure to comply with any contest rules may result in Buskers being disqualified.
- All Buskers agree to have their name, voice, and/or likenesses used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the competition including the Clancy Festival website and social media without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
- Completed application forms must be received by 4pm Tuesday Aug 24th, 2021.
- Buskers will be notified if they are accepted to compete in the final on or by 5pm Thursday 26th Aug, 2021.
- The Clancy Festival Committee reserves the right to make changes to the rules and regulations.
- The Clancy Festival Committee will have final decision-making power in any disputes that should arise concerning the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final. No discussion will be entered into.
- All acts must arrive at the designated performance area at least 15 minutes in advance of their performance time.
- All acts and parent or guardian must report to the Clancy Brothers Festival Steward on arrival at the performance area.
- All acts must wait for the Clancy Brothers Festival Steward to usher them onto the performance area.
- All acts will enter the performance area by the designated entry point. (Entry will be marked on the ground in front of the performance area).
- All acts will exit the performance area by the designated exit point. (Exit will be marked on the ground in front of the performance area).
- All contestants who are 13 years and older on the day of the competition must wear masks on arrival at the performance area.
- Masks may be removed during the performance.
- All contestants who are 13 years and older on the day of the competition must wear masks when exiting the performance area.
- Social distancing, as described by the HSE, must be observed onstage at all times by the contestants.
- All acts must bring their own stool/chair if they wish to sit down during their performance.
- Only the contestants may enter the performance area.
- All acts and audience members 13 years and older must wear masks when approaching the performance area, and must observe social distancing as described by the HSE.
- Buskers must ensure that they are able to compete in the event on Saturday 28th August, 2021, and do not display or have any COVID symptoms.
- Name, email address and phone number of one of the parents or guardians attending the competition must be provided on the entry form for contract tracing purposes.
*Please note that current HSE advice is subject to change
The Clancy Brothers Festival Youth Busking Competition is supported by COSBA, Tipp CoCo and the Clancy Brothers Festival.